Create!

Create!

Friday, October 2, 2020

A Copy For Me

So many time I create gifts.  I enjoy making them and love that I have made someone smile or enjoy something that I have spent time creating.  A few days ago I decided to create something just for me!

 I have admired Jill Harrison's needle felted creativity for a few years. Her work has a mystic quality to me. She is an amazing artist. You can see her web site and shop here.

One of my favorite fall pictures that she has done is this one that you can find  on her website here.




So I decided to try something similar.  Just for me!


I am pleased with it.  It certainly does not have the ethereal quality that Jill's work has but it evokes a feeling of autumn and cooler weather for me.  This is my favorite season of the year.  I enjoyed school starting as a child and the relief from the hot summer days.  There is also much fun to be had in the coming months!  

Even though I tried to duplicate her picture, it took on a life of it's own.  It is very similar in content but so different in color and feel.  I will enjoy it with my fall decorations!

You really should check out Jill's work on the links above. Her portraits are stunning... all of her work is stunning!

Happy Fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!