Create!

Create!

Friday, August 13, 2021

Painting Again

 I am thankful to have time to be creative.  I travel from clay to wool to painting and back there again.

This summer has been a visit to my first love. Watercolor  painting.  I found a wonderful artist on YouTube who inspired me to do some mixed media watercolors with doodles and metallic paints. Her name is Ceecee. Her web page is here

It is called Creations Cee Cee.  If you watch her YouTube videos or look at her Instagram account you will see the inspiration pieces I used to do my paintings.

The paintings I have painted are below.  Watercolors with pens and metallics with words and scripture. These are in 8x10 mats. 


This is the first one I did. The cursive handwriting at the bottom was not meant to be ledgible.




I am having fun with the circles. I let the paint mix together on it's own with some salt sprinkles for some texture.  I bought some metallic watercolor paints from Amazon that are quite fun. They don't show well on these photos. Using pens and colored pencils to add details is fun and relaxing.  

Pinterest is my friend of course too. I love the unusual words I can find there. 

The best part is that because of these paintings we have started a neighborhood paint night. It is fun to share and get together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!