Create!

Create!

Saturday, March 15, 2014

From Clay to Bead Embroidery

Lately my muse has been following handwork with a needle and thread and some beads.   I made some cabochons from polymer that I blogged about here. I decided to use one of the chalked cabochons to make a bead embroidered piece.



I have a love of old doilies and have dyed some in pretty spring colors.   I wanted to make something pretty to wear using a mixture of the bits and bobs I have on hand.

I came up with the idea of using the dyed doilies behind my cabochon worked in with some bead embroidery.

I love this and yes I did make it asymmetrical on purpose.  I know that drives some of you crazy but I like the offset as it grabs your eye.  It also gives it a tattered look. 


This is my first finished bead embroidery piece.  I really enjoyed working with these pretty colors.  They make me ready for Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Marian :) I am one of those who used to be "driven crazy" by asymmetry, but I am learning to enjoy its charms. I like the way your design comes together, very boho/gypsy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!