Create!

Create!

Friday, February 7, 2020

Painting With Wool

3D sculptures have been my main focus in needle felting. My interest in creating a flat felted picture increased as I perused Pinterest.   Who came up with that addictive site? I have a love-hate relationship there. Love looking at it... hate the time consumed by getting lost in wonderful inspirations!
I used this pin photo as my inspiration. I love the sandhill cranes.


I didn't have any wool flat felt to use as a base so I purchased a few "felt" pieces from Hobby Lobby. They are very thin so I folded it in half. I have mostly wool roving in my stash. It was easy to use on the background.

Work in process!

After getting most of the picture felted I decided I didn't like the background.  I had to work with it but I was able to pull enough of it up to change the background to what I wanted. I felted over most of the yellow. It covers well and I did let some show through.

This took me about 6 hours to finish. I'm working on the next inspiration! How did we survive without smart phones?


Here is my finished piece in an 8 x 10 mat.


1 comment:

  1. Your new piece is a real beauty! I've never worked with this method but it sure looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!